Saturday, December 23, 2017

The Dream Giver

 

This is one of three books a friend recommended to help me refocus in life. It was a quick and easy read, but it was a powerful allegory. It is about a person named Ordinary going on a journey toward his Big Dream. It talks about obstacles Ordinary faced, even from loved ones who think they are trying to be "realistic".

Pursuing his "Dream could cause him a lot of discomfort. He would have to do unfamiliar things in unfamiliar places" (22). His journey continues through the Waste Land, where Ordinary realizes he changed! "His trip through the Waste Land had not been a Waste. Now he was prepared for what lay ahead, no matter how hard" (40).

"[E]ach time you break through a Comfort Zone, the area of your comfort increases. You become comfortable with more and more things. You could stay there, of course, but a Dream is a person whose life is in motion" (97).

This was powerful to read because of the past school year and pushing through tough situations to pursue my dreams. It has helped me grieve parts of my journey and has given me hope for the rest! I highly recommend this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment