Saturday, February 9, 2013

Perks of Being a Wallflower


I really enjoyed this book. It helped me remember what high school was like... dealing with issues that were important to us, hanging out with friends (and the entire drama that can unfold within friend groups), and struggling to be understood by parents.

I really liked the style of writing. It was written as journal entries from a boy named Charlie. Charlie is very much an introvert, so it was great to read an insight into his world.

It is amazing the power of friendship within the loneliness of high school. This was simply a beautiful book I picked up at the library. It was written as if it was 1992, so the world was a different place back then. It seems that it would have been edgy for the time, but it is not as much today because some of the things within the book are more accepted now than they were then.

With my ten year high school reunion coming up, it was a great reminder of high school. I mainly read the book so I could see the movie...

No comments:

Post a Comment