Wednesday, December 30, 2015

One Thousand Gifts

 I received this book from a friend who loved it. We were in Haiti when she read it three years ago - and it took me three years to be disciplined enough to pick the book up and read it.

I don't like flowery language. Say what you need to say... or become a fiction writer. It was hard to read this book because she had this story writing feel while trying to get across the main point of the book - thankfulness. Please pick one or the other, Ann. I appreciated your openness in sharing parts of your own story, but it was meshed with little nuggets of wisdom that could have done better in a different setting.

I like the general concept - be grateful and realize all the blessings God is giving you every day. My pastor mentioned almost weekly the idea of having a gratitude journal (which is not a new thing that Ann invented, she is just bringing it into the spotlight).

This book is for some people, but not for all. I felt like she was the Charles Dickens of Christian authors. Does she get paid by the word?

No comments:

Post a Comment